Saturday, January 2, 2010

The 2009 Review.

I found this over at Jenn's Place, and I thought it was quite appropriate.Though, I have omitted the questions that I didn't have an answer for.

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Photograph a fashion show and a big charity event.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't usually make resolutions because I stopped keeping them somewhere around 30 years ago. If I made any, I'm pretty sure it was something like "be less of a pain in the ass." And honestly, I am not sure how I fared on that. This was a really tough emotional year for me, so if I didn't keep my resolution, my apologies to all affected.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, actually. My sister-in-law gave birth shortly after the new year.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
 Yes, as I posted, our cat, Tucker.

5. What countries did you visit? Umm, I read a blog based in the UK, does that count?

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Patience. I am really trying to be more patient. But like I said, this has been an emotionally-charged year, and that has affected a lot of things.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making the move to photography as a side business. Perhaps one day it will grow. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
I'm still not ready to discuss this here. 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sort of. It's more that we learned that I have a virus that my body hasn't been able to fight off. We don't know how long I've had it or why, but it has added to the tumultuous year. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?
It would be a toss-up between my camera equipment, the Wii and my new car. 

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
 Right now, the kitten's? There's been some serious behavior issues in our house lately. I am sure in the scope of other people's kids (namely like those you see on SuperNanny), ours aren't that bad, but nonetheless, it's behavior that the Husband and I don't condone. 

14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage. And daycare. 

15. What did you really, really, really get excited about?
Buying a new car. Photographing some weddings of some friends. Spending time with the fam. 

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Boom Boom Pow. 

17. Compared to this time last year are you:
Happier? Sadly, no.
Thinner? Definitely not.
Richer? Slightly. But I don't balance the check book, and that's the key to our marriage.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Laugh. 

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worry.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With family and friends. And it was fantastic. 

21. How did you spend new years?
Hangin' with the fam, playing MarioKart for Wii. 

22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes. With my oven. All over again. 

24. What was your favorite TV program?
Aside from the regulars, we started watching the Listener, which we LOVED. And it didn't air for an entire season. Sadface. 

26. What was the best book you read?
Eclipse. My favorite of the Twilight Series. I read the entire series roughly 4 times last year. 

28. What did you want and get?
 More Freelance work

29. What did you want and not get?
A "piggy bank ride" as the Son calls it. 

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
New Moon, hands down. 

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old did you turn?
I turned 31, and spent it with the family trekking around Boston. It was a great day, even though it was disgustingly hot and humid. And the cupcakes sucked. But it was a great time. 

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A Piggy bank ride? That would have been great. 

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Trying harder. I've been trying to make more of an effort at personal style, and though I know what I like when I see it in a magazine, I have a hard time buying clothes that I truly love past the day I bought them. Not all clothes, but sometimes I wish I could be on "What Not to Wear" so that I could have some initial help. The $5000 would be a nice starter, too. 

34. What kept you sane?
The vineyard and liquor store up the street. 


37. Who did you miss?
All my friends and family in the VA. I only saw one this year, and I met his new girlfriend. And she is amazing, exactly what he needed. I miss them dearly. 


39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
That you can't flush an entire roll of toilet paper down the toilet and expect it to not flood the bathroom, subsequently leaking into the basement. 


No comments: